Friday, November 03, 2006

Why I Don't Read The Calendar.


I do my best to keep things simple:

Act.
Write.
Make Movies.

The Calendar is the Entertainment News section of the LA Times. It along with the Hollywood Reporter and Variety are what are known as the Trades.

From time to time over the years I have tried reading them in order to "Stay Informed," but I ultimately find them (yet again) to be both disheartening and useless.

As an artist I want to surprise, scare, entertain, inspire and make you laugh. I have found that for me,to do this properly, (as properly as it can be done)I have to focus single-minded on the work itself, not on the results of the work.
And the Trades are generally all about the results, real or imagined, honest or spun.

Well, that's all the pontificating I can stand from myself for now.
I wish you all exciting ideas and the time to fulfill them!
Later,
Paul Parducci

No comments: