Monday, December 19, 2005

Holiday party--- post party feeling


This weekend I had my annual Holiday Party---Even though I should really call it a Christmas party since my house is literally encased in Christmas decorations including an elaborate Nativity scene in the center of my living room.
But the name of my party is the not the purpose of this post, it's that after party---feeling.
The food was terrific, I'm from the east coast originally -NJ, so food has always been important to me and I always take particular delight in watching all my underfed Southern California friends eat like wild boars. (My wife Kelly is an outstanding cook and real good looking to boot)
There was Holiday music(Christmas music) lots of great people all laughing and talking and dressed for success.
I did my job as host and moved from group to group and cluster to cluster, a conversation about digital media here, protein powder there etc.
But when the evening ended @ 2 am, there it was again, the feeling that I just didn't quite do it right. There always seems to be a couple of sticking points for me per party---this time it was an unfinished conversation about Technicolor with my friend Bob(the phone rang and I went to find it) and not saying good bye to my friends Mario and Donna because I was in the backyard by the fire pit smoking a cigar with my friends Christian, Annie and Mary Kay.
By Sunday afternoon relief came... My wife said that Bob had said "Tell Paul Goodbye" before he left. So I figured he was OK with the incomplete Color timing discussion. And she also mentioned a little later that Mario was tired, as he had just gotten over being sick. So I extrapolated that into an early departure that let me off the hook. Then grateful call after grateful call---mostly about the food washed away any remaining doubts.
So by today 36 +hours after the party I am just fine with my little fest, left only with the memories of twinkling lights, my brilliant son Patrick charming the ladies and my wife's truly amazing Swedish meatballs.
Have a Great Day!
Later,
Paul Parducci

No comments: