Monday, January 08, 2007

David Cronenberg and A History of Violence


I am a David Cronenberg fan. (Dead Ringers was one of the creepiest films every made.)

I finally got around to seeing A History of Violence, and I absolutely loved it. Cronenberg's use of space, doors and chairs to denote worlds and place is absolutely brilliant. The whole cast was outstanding and its always great to see Stephen McHattie in anything.
Roger Ebert wrote an in depth review of it that I heartily recommend. You can see it here.
Later,
Paul Parducci
PS: Here's an early Cronenberg Film

1 comment:

JDA said...

I'm right with ya! loved the opening tracking shot from 'History of Violence' and over all you could tell that Cronenberg's mind was at the helm...brilliant film-brilliant director.

JDA: Britain's No.1 Cronenberg fan.