Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mag Lite: Or Why I Will Never Buy Another Flashlight



Here in California you are supposed to maintain earth-quake readiness. One of the ways we do that is by keeping a flashlight handy. I own a MagLite and keep it next to my bed. Often as not I use it to read by, (I limit the beam with a blanket corner so I don't disturb my wife.)
There is an invincible quality about a Mag, it is a Hefty piece of equipment and I have enjoyed mine for five years. In those five years it has worked perfectly moving from it's usual bedside position to mountain cabins, tents and wilderness hikes.
Recently my trusty Mag went dark. I changed the batteries but still no shine. It dawned on me that perhaps the light bulb was burned out. Where would I find another one? (I'm used to things like this being a hassle.) Then a remnant of a memory drifted to the surface. I unscrewed the end of the battery tube and there it was...an EXTRA lightbulb!
I put it in, and once again:Light!
It's nice to know that Quality and Pride of workmanship is alive and well.
Mag Instrument Inc was founded in 1955 by Anthony Maglica you can read about the company here.
Later,

Paul Parducci

No comments: