Thursday, May 04, 2006

Drake and Josh: The Coach is in!


This week I had the great fortune to work on the hit Nickelodeon sitcom Drake & Josh. I am playing Coach Remmers.
The cast is particularly excellent: Drake Bell and Josh Peck are terrific as are Miranda Cosgrove, Nancy Sullivan and Jonathan Goldstein. And everyone made me feel right at home, from Skip in props to John on Camera Four.
The Show was Created by and is Executive Produced by the almost glowingly talented Dan Schneider who leads with a very gentle and effective touch. This is a happy show-an easily laughing Swiss clock, (and after years of experience working on all kinds of sets I can tell you all without reservation that if the Executive Producer/Show Runner is Bad then the machine of the show is a clanking creaking mess.) Steve Hoefer directed and I have to say that I was very impressed, he showed great facility with both the actors and the crew.(Not easy to do)The script written by George Doty IV was crisp and funny. (The writing staff is obviously very strong, although I didn't meet them individually the fixes they produced after run-through showed them to be first class.)Bottom line: It's shows like this that make me really happy to be an Actor.
Everybody have a Great day!
Later,
Paul Parducci
PS: Here's a picture of me with Steve Hoefer on my right and Dan Schneider on my left standing in the Kitchen set.

No comments: