Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog Day: Chuck is Chosen over Phil!





Groundhog Day in a nutshell:

If the groundhog exits its burrow and fails to see its shadow because the sky is cloudy, winter will soon end; however, if the groundhog sees its shadow because the weather is clear, it will be frightened and run back into its hole, and we're in for six more brutal weeks of winter.
Which is March 16 for those of you who are keeping track.
I have decided to take a controversial position in my Blog and state emphatically that this Blog does not recognize the overly hyped "Punxsutawny Phil" as the Official Groundhog of today's festivities. Lot's of people fawn over this particular rodent who has his own entourage of tuxedoed and top-hatted assistants. But as for me, I'll take the down to earth and since the 1980's (80% accurate) "Staten Island Chuck" who resides at the Staten Island Zoo. Chuck is the Official meteorologist
Groundhog of NYC (My former home) And frankly what's good enough for the Big Apple is good enough for me!
Forget about it!
Later,
Paul Parducci



No comments: