Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Sex Pistols and Space



I first got heavily into Punk Rock in High School (I mean it was a revelation for me) and I've never stopped liking it. Just yesterday we were blasting "Pretty Vacant" as we pulled into our driveway. (My son is ten and he likes them too, although he calls them the "S" Pistols and he can only listen to about a third of their songs because of language issues.)
For me the definition of Real Punk Rock will always be The Sex Pistols. I remember tearing the plastic off the Record Album like I did it last Tuesday.
The surviving members including of course the wonderfully and perpetually cranky John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten , just turned down a slot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I have posted here their "Official letter."
Never Mind the Bullocks!
Later,
Paul Parducci






PS: This is an amazing Astronomical Blog: Space

No comments: